Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Status Update

I wish I could say that my absence last week from blogging and Facebook was because I had become so inspired after the HorrorFind Convention that I sat in front of the laptop and was diligently cranking out scores of pages.  The truth is, I bought the video game Dead Island and wound up playing that all week.  However, fun time is over, and now it's back to business.

The HorrorFind Convention was awesome.  I had a great time sitting my first authors panel (on why zombies are still relevant today).  Thanks to fellow panelists Tim Lebbon and Jeremy Wagner, and to Christopher Golden for moderating.  I enjoyed meeting old friends and making new ones.  I will post photos and more details of the convention later this week. 

On 7 September, Zombo's Closet posted an interview on why Halloween is important to me.  On the 12th, he posted the latest in my blog series on how to write your first novel titled "Marketing Your Book and Yourself, Part I".  Please drop by Zombo's Closet and check it out.

On 9 September Colleen Wanglund posted on The Horror Fiction Review a review of The Vampire Hunters: Dominion, the final book in The Vampire Hunters trilogy.  Colleen noted: "The entire series is well-written with excellent character development and an easy flowing narrative.  The book reaches a climactic ending that is as unexpected as it is heartbreaking."  Many thanks to Colleen for being such a devoted fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment