Monday, October 17, 2011

In Lieu of the Sunday Bunnies

I usually don't talk much about my personal life in my blog, but this time I think it's acceptable because of the relationship to my writing. 

The past six months have been one of the most stressful periods in my life.  I lost my pet of nine years, Woodstock (Woody), to cancer.  My mother almost passed away after she suffered a ruptured bowel; thankfully, she rallied and is fine now.  In June I changed jobs.  And this past week, my wife and I formally separated after twenty years of marriage.  Through it all, a network of family and close friends were very supportive and kept me emotionally grounded. 

What suffered most was my writing.  I barely had time to work on current projects and to blog, let alone start anything new. 

This past week saw the passing of the last and most stressful event.  With the worst behind me, I now plan on refocusing on my writing.  In addition to the revisions to Yeitso (formerly The Walking Monster), I am looking for a market for one short story I've completed from the zombie's point of view, and am researching another story I hope to start soon about the living dead at Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg.  I'm also developing a concept for a young adult novel about portals to Hell opening up on Earth.  I have a book signing set up for the end of October, and hope to add others soon (I'll post more of this later).  And I hope to get back to listing movie and book reviews as I had done previously.  It may take a while to fully get back into the swing of things, so please bear with me. 

Thank you all for your support.  Hopefully the future will have better things in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment