Monday, March 25, 2013

My First Week as a Full Time Author

Last Friday night I retired from my day job and made the move to Gainesville, Florida to begin my new career as a full time author (and full time husband and stepfather).  I set up small pens in the back of the car for the rabbits and set out for the seventeen-hour, thousand-mile journey to my new home.  We all made it safe and relatively sound.  The rabbits are with their new bunnysitter (and having the time of their lives -- they're getting along with each other for  a change, and have even made friends with my bunnysitter's dogs) and Alison and I are living with my in-laws until our new home is ready.   

So how did my first week as a full time author go?

Not as well as I had planned.  Monday night I came down with a horrible head cold that laid me up for the better part of the next three days; but I'm back on my feet now and anxious to get back to writing tomorrow.

The week was not a total loss, however.  I did complete the rough draft of my short story for Fringework's Raus! Untoten! anthology.  The story is with my beta readers now, and with luck should be ready for submission within a few weeks.

Tomorrow begins week two of my new career, and I'm hoping to make some decent headway in Rotter World II and Hell Gates.  Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment