Monday, June 2, 2014

Interesting Posts from Other Websites

The pickings are a little slim this week because I spent all weekend in Orlando at Spooky Mayhem, but I did find some interesting tidbits to post.

CNN's On the Road series reported in Vampire burial in Poland keeps alive the myth that will not die on an archaeological dig in northwest Poland that uncovered evidence of a "vampire burial"--its teeth had been removed, a rock had been placed in the corpse's mouth, and a leg had been staked. While this doesn't proof the existence of vampires (or does it?), it's interesting that the locals feared the presence of the undead among them. Unfortunately, the article did not give the time period for the site that was excavated.

Here is something I have mixed feelings about--Edgar Wright Could Resurrect Johnny Depp as Kolchak. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge fan of The Night Stalker. This was one of the most formative TV shows of my youth; it was because of Kolchak that I decided I wanted to be a writer. To me, it's the Holy Grail of television, no matter how cheesy it was. I remember how ABC butchered the franchise in 2005 with their horrible re-imaging of it. When I heard Hollywood was making another attempt to bring my icon back to life, I cringed until I heard Johnny Depp would play him. So I'll withhold judgment until I see the movie. But Johnny better be careful--he owes me one for sitting through The Lone Ranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment