Monday, December 22, 2014

Interesting Posts From Other Websites

I'm not going to bemoan the fact that Young Frankenstein is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year and that makes me feel old (I remember my dad taking me and my friends to see it when I was eleven). However, 15 Fun Facts for Young Frankenstein's 40th Anniversary proves that you're never too old to learn something. Who knew Hans Delbruck was a real person?

Since publishing Yeitso, I've had several people write me to say that insects can't grow that large. I know that; I've read Why Monstrously Large Insects and Spiders Don't Exist. But if us writers kept to the facts, then horror and fantasy would be pretty damn boring.

The Most Irradiated Places on Earth is one of the more interesting video reports I've seen this year. I was not surprised that Fukushima ranked in the top two most irradiated locations, but the first place spot surprised me. For you post-apocalypse lovers, check it out.

On a lighter apocalyptic note, since Christmas is in three days, it's time for me to share one of my favorite holiday videos: Weird Al Yankovic's Christmas at Ground Zero. Have a blast.



No comments:

Post a Comment