Sunday, June 6, 2010

It Promises To Be a Busy Summer

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me, which promises to extend into a busy summer. 

The Vampire Hunters: Vampyrnomicon, the sequel to The Vampire Hunters, is scheduled for publication on 20 August 2010.  This book introduces Chiang Shih, the Master vampire, and her consigliores comprised of the most evil vampires the world has witnessed. Chiang Shih comes to Washington in search for The Vampyrnomicron, a long-lost tome written by one of the first vampires that details the history of vampirism, including how the undead can establish dominion over all of mankind or, if in the hands of humans, can be destroyed once and for all. Drake Matthews and Alison Monroe, aided by a growing circle of hunters, race against time to find The Vampyrnomicron before the vampires.

And I began drafting a short story this week for a writing contest I was asked to enter.  It's a sequel to "Cruise of the Living Dead" that takes place aboard an oil rig off the East Coast of the United States.  I'll keep you posted on its status. 
 
Last week I met with Gary Hevel, the Public Information Officer for the Smithsonian's National Museum of natural History, who graciously gave me an hour of his time to answer some reserach question I had with regards to my next novel.  I hope to start that book by August. 
 
That's it for now, but keep checking back.  It promises to be a hectic summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment