Friday, January 13, 2012

Upcoming Events for 2012

I have not been on line as much the past few weeks as I would have liked, mostly because I've been preoccupied between my day job and crashing to finish my latest novel.  Most of that is behind me, so now I concentrate on looking ahead.  This year promises to be very successful. 

Rotter World, my first zombie novel, will be published by Permuted Press sometime in April or May.  I am finishing up the final revision of Yeitso, my tribute to the B-grade monster movies of the 1950s that I loved as a Monster Kid (and still do).  Hopefully within the next few months I will begin work on my sixth novel, Hell Gates, a young adult dark fantasy set in a post-apocalyptic world where the boundaries between earth and Hell collapse, allowing the two worlds to merge. 

In the short story category, I have "The Last Flight of the Bismarck" (steampunk zombies) is currently with a publisher, and I should hopefully be hearing back soon.  Another short story, "Recognition" (a zombie apocalypse told from the living dead's point of view), is ready for submission, and I am looking around for the right publisher.  Plus I have several more ideas I'm hoping to develop in 2012.

I will also be attending several conventions this year as a guest.  Among them will be Ravencon 2012 in Chesterfield, Virginia from 13-15 April and Crypticon in Seattle, Washington from 25-27 May where I will be sitting at the Permuted Press table.  I hope to make appearances at several others, including HorrorFind 2012, as well as hold more book signings.  As always, I will keep you posted on developments.

That's it for now.  I thank my family, friends, and fans for all their support.  And I look forward to all the new people I will meet this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment