Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowbound

For those of you who have been following me on Facebook, My Space, or Twitter, you already know that the Washington D.C. area got pummeled with a historic snowstorm this past weekend that is now being referred to as the Blizzard of 2010.  The regional total snowfall is officially cited as 17 inches, but out here in my neck of northern Virginia we got at least 30 inches of snow.  Add to that the foot of snow we got the weekened prior to that, and it made finding a clear space to shovel all this stuff less than fun.  The mounds of snow on either side of my driveway are almost as tall as me (5" 11").  And the road leading out of our cul de sac looks like a rutted ski slope.  (Check out some of the photos here on Facebook.)  Tonight and tomorrow we're expecting another storm that could drop an additional 8 to 12 inches on us as well as icy rain. 

The plus side to being snowbound, besides getting to spend quality time with the family, is that I finished reviewing the proofs to The Vampire Hunters.  My kudos to Helen of Shadowfire Press for the great editing job she did.  I'll be getting those back into the mail soon.  Now all I'm waiting for is to see what the cover looks like. 

Keep checking in.  I'll post the cover and a link to excerpts from the novel as the publication date gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment