Monday, September 29, 2014

More Interesting Posts from Other Websites

I've posted a lot of advice for aspiring writers on my blog and my Facebook page, but Chuck Wendig has posted on his blog Terribleminds one of the best "tough love" advice columns for readers I've seen in a while. If you need a good kick in the ass to get your writing going, check out 25 Things I Want To Say to So-Called "Aspiring" Writers.

Sadly, I have to agree with Horror Convention Cult: It Ain't What It Used To Be. The past few years I've attended some of the mega-conventions, and am not impressed. The organizers cram as many people into the showrooms as possible, charge ridiculous prices to meet your celebrity, and then you're lucky if you get five seconds with him/her. I still prefer the more the fan-based venues like Spooky Empire.

Bloody Disgusting has listed their picks for the Top 10 Infectious Horror Movies. I agree with most of them, but have reservations about The Undead

Postmortem: The Life and Deaths of a Medicolegal Death Investigator is one of the most interesting things I've read this month. Joseph Scott Morgan writes about his career, which includes graphic and detailed descriptions of death scenes and a profile of how he and his police colleagues mentally dealt with such daily tragedies.This is a great resource for anyone who wants to include a medical examiner in their story, or who is looking for for an idea to jump start their writing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment