Monday, June 16, 2014

Interesting Posts From Other Websites

One of the things I love about vampires is the diversity within the genre. You can have good vampires, bad vampires, and vampires that sparkle. Although it's an older article from Weird Things, I recently stumbled across The Ten Worst Cliches About Vampire Films From Folks Who Just Watched Hundreds. I am guilty of numbers four, five, thirteen, and fourteen. But I don't care--bad-ass vampires still rock.

Keeping with the vampire theme, according to the Italian English-language newspaper The Local, a group of academics claim to have uncovered the tomb of Vlad the Impaler in Naples, of all places. I don't believe it, but you can read about their findings here.

Giant bugs are one of my favorite monsters. so I was interested in seeing how Dead Central ranked Bugging Out; 5 of the Greatest Killer Bug Flicks. I agree with most of their top five, although I would have substituted another movie for Bug.

Finally, I agree with most of the 5 Horror Movies That Should Not Be Remade. However, The Shining was remade in 1997 as a TV mini-series with Steven Weber in the starring role, and this movie was much more in tune with the original novel. But that is an exception. I hate to think how Hollywood would re-image Jaws.


No comments:

Post a Comment