Monday, June 30, 2014

Interesting Posts From Other Websites

I know. Another article about Godzilla. But in Godzilla and the Problem with American Monster Movies, Jimmy Janda discusses why American monster movies like Roland Emmerich's Godzilla and Cloverfield are not as good as their Japanese counterparts or the American-made monster movies of the 1950s. And I happen to agree with him.

Since Alien debuted thirty-five years ago this week (yes, that fact makes me feel really old), MovieFone carried the article Alien Facts: 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Sci-Fi/Horror Classic. I'm a huge Alien fan, but some of this information was new even to me.

In Some Thoughts on Vampires, movie critic Kim Newman discusses some of the more commonly-known aspects of vampire mythos and how they are dealt with in book and movies. This is an interesting read, especially if you write vampire novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment